- I’m Sophia, Sophia is ME (nuff said)
- Enjoyed the arguments between the 2 main characters. (Bitter and harsh but entertaining)
- The revenges they did to each other was freaking crazy and daring. (Basically they almost ruined their reputation)
- I swear Sophia’s insults were incredible. ( Savage, actually learnt a thing or two from her)
- Damn you Christian for what you did to Sophia back in high school. (UGH petty high school boy who just want some fun)
- Couple nicknames chosen by them for each other suited them well. (Not your ordinary generic nicknames for couples)
- Hated Frank the most. (Lying scumbag, well at least Sophia gave him a piece her mind with plotting the most extreme revenge ever for him)
- Can’t believe the author wrote this story when she was FOURTEEN ! ( WHAT….. mind blown)
TOO MANY GOOD ONES….. (NOT EXAGGERATING)
I WANT NO I NEED MORE INSULTS FROM SOPHIA TOWARDS CHRISTIAN. I REALLY ENTIRELY ENJOYED THIS STORY. CAN IT BE PUBLISH INTO A BOOK , PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP.
- Love the romance (not only the 2 main but the other side characters as well)
- Adored the jealousy moments (Gage, jealousy type of person)
- Squad goals (Violet, Gage, Jeremy, Arianna, Eddy, Ashley, Greg and Kayla)
- Freaking love Violet’s mom (coolest mother ever)
- Heather and her gang were the cutest (super modern and hip grandmas)
- Dislike Myrna a lot (UGH especially the conversation between Violet and her at the Mayor’s party and the part she threatened Violet )
- Plot development was great (not your typical cheesy high school romance)
- The epilogue was well written, seriously caught me off guard (wasn’t expecting it to end that way)
‘You’re it for me Gage, where else do you think I’d go without you ?’ – Violet
‘You’re not just it for me, Violet. You’re everything for me.’ – Gage
*only listed two out of infinity (exaggerating) that i liked*
IT WAS SO GOOD. I LOVE IT. I NEED IT TO BE PUBLISHED INTO A BOOK. DAMN THE FEELINGS YOU GET AFTER READING IT. CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT THE CHARACTERS.
Summary : Rebel of the Sands
- Amani – has a pair of blue eyes, which Jin refers to traitor’s eyes ; orphan, currently staying at her uncle’s place ; top gun shooter with amazing aiming; don’t want to wed her uncle Asid ; trying to run away to Izman to find her aunt Safiyah ; thinks Izman will give her a better life than Dustwalk ; Blue-Eyed Bandit/Oman/Alidad were her nickname/name in the book other than Amani ; a Demdji, has special ability in them and can only speak the truth, for Amani her’s was controlling the sands ; Noorsham’s sister. ( A strong character )
- Jin – Sultan’s sixth son ; real name is Ajinahd ; Ahmed and Naguib’s brother ; met Amani at Deadshot ; hates Miraji but stayed for the sake of Ahmed ; his nose was broken by Shazad once ; carries a broken compass with him all the time ; likes Amani. ( WOW I have really nothing else to say about him. )
- Ahmed – the Rebel Prince ; heir to the throne ; the Sultan’s fifth son ; wants to take down the Sultan ; has a sister who is half Djinn, Delila ; built up a following in Izman. ( SAME GOES FOR HIM AS WELL )
- Shazad – A strong fighter ; broke Jin’s nose ; Amani’s friend ; Sultan’s chief general, General Hamad’s daughter ; known Bahi since six years old. ( Nothing much about her too )
- Bahi – Captain of the head army, Captain Reza’s son ; the holy boy ; likes Shazad ; known Shazad since they were six years old ; died in the hands of Noorsham. ( Bye Bahi )
- Noorsham – Naguib’s men ; Amani’s brother ; killed Bahi and Naguib ; a Demdji with power to burn anything he wishes ; went missing after killing Naguib. ( See you in book 2 then )
Individual characters quotes :
- ‘We just be living to die another day.’ – Amani
- ‘You are this country, Amani.’ More alive than anything ought to be in this place. All fire and gunpowder, with one finger always on the trigger.’ – Jin
- ‘You leave at dawn.’ – Ahmed
- ‘I’m a girl who could’ve done just anything if I’d been a boy.’ – Shazad
- ‘If you hurt her you will burn in hell.’ – Bahi
- ‘This city’s not the one that ought to burn.’ – Noorsham
Flaws : Too many names to keep track throughout the book and side characters to remember.
Rating : 4/5 stars
Overall : Action packed story line that involves plenty of escaping and surviving.
*expecting much more action in book 2 after reading book 1*
Summary : The Winner’s Curse
- NO matter how smart/intelligent/observant you are, you ought to be stupid/naive sometimes. ( Kestrel for trusting Arin so easily by telling him everything )
- Do NOT judge someone based on their appearance only. ( Arin appears to be a slave, but secretly he plans to take down the Valorian empire )
- Try NOT to make hasty decision. ( Kestrel for purchasing Arin during the slave auction )
- It’s okay to be weak physically, anyhow should at least have mental toughness. ( Kestrel sailed west to look for help informing the General about the Herran rebellion )
- Friends who stood by you always are the best kinds. ( Kestrel can count on Jess and Ronan to be there for her always )
- Can’t constantly have the best of both worlds. ( Arin – Herrani people and Kestrel )
- Good guys don’t usually gets the girl. ( Kestrel rejected Ronan’s marriage proposal )
The LOVE square ?? Like it’s not already hard enough to ship either Arin & Kestrel or Ronan & Kestrel. Yet, they just have to throw some random marriage proposal from the Emperor asking Kestrel to wed his son. ( not really a flaw but i cannot…..) OMG….. All and all it’s okay.
Rating : 4/5 stars
An enjoyable insta love read which did not really focus on the romance so much, but more on the plot development. ( Arin still continued his plan and didn’t back down for the sake of his affections towards Kestrel ) Which i secrtely hoped for, but nevertheless it would be kinda cliche to do that anyway.
* Can’t wait to dive into book 2 *
( pic from tumblr)
It’s that year again where i ‘usually’ participate to see how far or whether the amount of books i read this entire year. (joined in 2015 & 2016 , organised by Goodreads)
In 2017 i vow to read at least 17 book, well it may seem just a handful for some of you but for me personally it’s A LOT. Considering the fact that I procrastinate most of the time. Therefore, we’ll see how it goes….
So 17 books or more here I come. *fingers crossed*
Links to 2015 and 2016’s challenge (completed) are below :
2015 Reading Challenge
2016 Reading Challenge
( GIF from tumblr)
my fellow book lovers and avid readers.
My main reason for creating this website is just to express my devotion to reading and books.
I will update my recent reads / book purchases / book reviews from time to time through this website.
So stay tuned for more…….