Summary : The Winner’s Curse
- NO matter how smart/intelligent/observant you are, you ought to be stupid/naive sometimes. ( Kestrel for trusting Arin so easily by telling him everything )
- Do NOT judge someone based on their appearance only. ( Arin appears to be a slave, but secretly he plans to take down the Valorian empire )
- Try NOT to make hasty decision. ( Kestrel for purchasing Arin during the slave auction )
- It’s okay to be weak physically, anyhow should at least have mental toughness. ( Kestrel sailed west to look for help informing the General about the Herran rebellion )
- Friends who stood by you always are the best kinds. ( Kestrel can count on Jess and Ronan to be there for her always )
- Can’t constantly have the best of both worlds. ( Arin – Herrani people and Kestrel )
- Good guys don’t usually gets the girl. ( Kestrel rejected Ronan’s marriage proposal )
The LOVE square ?? Like it’s not already hard enough to ship either Arin & Kestrel or Ronan & Kestrel. Yet, they just have to throw some random marriage proposal from the Emperor asking Kestrel to wed his son. ( not really a flaw but i cannot…..) OMG….. All and all it’s okay.
Rating : 4/5 stars
An enjoyable insta love read which did not really focus on the romance so much, but more on the plot development. ( Arin still continued his plan and didn’t back down for the sake of his affections towards Kestrel ) Which i secrtely hoped for, but nevertheless it would be kinda cliche to do that anyway.
* Can’t wait to dive into book 2 *